Friday, October 22, 2010

Week 3 - Yes We Nyan!




(I put a bet on at the end of last week: Azusa Nakano would win Anime Saimoe, with 3 rounds left to go. Betting in the quarter finals did receive some scorn, though with her progressing further since that bet (albeit with my side-bet of Shana beating Nodoka Haramura proving to be wrong; I have to now watch Saki), I still feel confident I could be victorious.)

This week has been rather coding heavy for Advanced Web Games with Alistair. Much of our time was spent trying to remove screen flicker from movement based on user input, which of course was caused by assorted people trying to help code and ended up causing conflicts. That's our story, mine and Jamie's, and we're sticking to it.

On the side of design, we assigned group roles this week as well as finalising the choice of platformer. We're beginning to veer towards a 2D game, though not finalised that just yet; it's more in consideration of the fact that our knowledge of Javascript is still rather low at this stage, so 2D would perhaps be easier to script, though with the drawback of restricted gameplay.

For our roles, with J being the project leader, Chris and I were placed in charge of design, with myself being the lead designer and Chris being the level designer. Euan and Jonny were put in charge of art, with Jonny being character concept artist and Euan being environmental concept artist for this phase. Suits me to a T, this one.

By Friday, Azusa is facing off with Nagi Sanzenin from Hayate the Combat Butler, so I could still be vindicated from the disbelief of Chris and Paul Bradley. We shall see ...

No comments: